The Mystic Osho introduced a series of what he called active meditation techniques to the world. They first release mind/body stress and slow down the overthinking mind. This then gives space to relax into the inner silence. Osho’s understanding is that in our fast-paced modern world it is not so easy to go straight from our hectic level of activity to the more traditional, completely silent sitting meditations. The meditations are from many traditions and are for everyone who wants to meditate.
Osho speaks on virtually every aspect of the development of human consciousness. His talks cover a staggering range – from the meaning of life and death to the struggle of power and politics, from the challenges of love and creativity to the significance of science and education.
He has an uncanny ability to translate ancient teachings into modern day understandings. He speaks on a vast array of spiritual traditions, such as Christianity, Sufism, Hassidism, Zen, Taoism and Buddhism. He also shares stories of the colorful history of mystics from all over the world!
Osho’s model for humanity is to unite the celebrative qualities of Zorba, with the depths of understanding arising from meditation. Hence he coined the expression Zorba the Buddha for a new kind of being.
From Osho’s early childhood, he made it clear that he was not going to blindly follow the conventions of the world around him. He continuously challenged attempts by everyone to shape his life. His ability to cut through the unconscious layers that cover truth is like that of a master surgeon, very precise. At the same time he adds the qualities of playfulness and celebration to spirituality.
Osho was born in India in 1931 and he left his body in January, 1990. What came through him during this brief stay is timeless and has the ability to transform the consciousness of mankind. He belongs to no tradition.
What other people have said about Osho:
- “Osho is an enlightened master who is working with all possibilities to help humanity overcome a difficult phase in developing consciousness.”-The Dalai Lama
- “Osho’s brilliant insights will benefit all those who yearn for experiential knowledge of the field of pure potentiality inherent in every human being. This book belongs on the shelf of every library and in the home of all those who seek knowledge of the higher self.”– Deepak Chopra, author of Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: Quantum Healing and Unconditional Life, on Osho’s Book From Medication to Meditation
- “I was inspired by Osho’s wisdom when I wrote the song ‘How Fragile We All Are’. Reading his books gave me hope for humanity. It is a must for everybody to have a look into his words …..”– Sting, Singer and Performer
- “Osho’s books are really what people are looking for…they are even more relevant now than when they were spoken.”– Michael Mann, chairman of Element Books
- “Osho is the most dangerous man since Jesus Christ… He’s obviously a very effective man, otherwise he wouldn’t be such a threat. He’s saying the same things that nobody else has the courage to say. A man who has all kinds of ideas, they’re not only inflammatory-they also have a resonance of truth that scares the pants off the control freaks.” “Wit and playfulness are a tremendously serious transcendence of evil, and this is one thing that Osho understood better than any contemporary teacher that I can think of. Gurdjieff had an element of that in his teachings, but certainly in the past fifty years there has not existed a teacher in the world who understood the value of playfulness and wit quite so well as Osho.” – Tom Robbins, author of Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Still Life with Woodpecker and Jitterbug Perfume and others.
- “Osho is a mystical giant, a flowering of a unique intelligence and one of those rare humans ex-pressing himself with joy.”- Paul Reps, author of Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
- “Through my friend Deepak Chopra I came across Osho’s books which gave me an other deeper shift in my life. I regret I did not met him in person, and I feel sorry the US Government missed such an opportunity back in 86.”– Madonna, Singer and Performer
The words of Osho are available in hundreds of books, videos, tapes, CDs and DVDs. Click here for more information and to order.
If you would like to experience Osho meditations, the World of Meditation Center offers many types of meditation programs. Click Programs for more details.